Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September 04-September 11

Sorry for the lack of bloggage, but I died.

It's ok though, I got better...

Saturday, September 04: Schererville, IN-2:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.

We had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 22 mile jump to Schererville. We were on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.

I got to pay forward some kindness this morning. Last year John Moss came to bail me out at a diner when I didn't have any cash and they wouldn't let me use my credit card to pay. Today Dan's debit card was denied at a restaurant, so I heroically swooped in to help out.

Delena was not here today, so Ryan and I did the two person table act, which went over great.

Both shows were almost full, and Jessi resumed her role as showgirl for the performances.

Today was Kerri's last day visiting us, so we went out to dinner after the shows.

Sunday, September 05: Maywood Park, IL-2:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., and 7:30 p.m.

We had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 47 mile jump to Maywood Park, the first of our Chicago dates.

There was a long stretch of road full of dim stoplights that were hard to make out in the early morning light.

I even got my windshield washed by a homeless man, despite my vehement protests. Welcome to Chicago!

We were playing on a cement lot and it was a sunny day. Ryan, Tatiana, and I walked around the surrounding area to explore.

I knew we were in trouble today when Tavana told me this morning that Carson & Barnes had given up this date after playing it last year.

We had a small crowd for the first show, an average crowd for the second show, and the third show had the biggest audience (not that many more people than at the second show though).

Ryan and I continued to do the two person table act today even though Delena was back; we wanted to get it down so we have it in our repertoire.

Despite the small crowds we got good laughs for our gags.

Jessi and I went out to eat tonight since we haven't had a chance to catch up since she rejoined the show.

Monday, September 06: Maywood Park, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.

This morning Jessi and I went to Half Price Books before our early Labor Day shows.

We had a decent sized crowd for the first performance. We went back to the three person table act today, but I forgot that the menu and chair (which we didn't use in the two person act) were still in my truck until it was time to go on.

I hauled ass to get them and made it back to the tent just in time to enter the ring.

We had a good sized crowd for the second show. Mr. and Mrs North as well as Jim Royal arrived today.

After the shows a bunch of us went to take Georgia to Chuck E. Cheese (it was just as much fun for us as it was for her).

We had a great time and won Georgia a ton of tickets. I went to the grocery store next to the lot before calling it a night.

Tuesday, September 07: Wheaton, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

We had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 17 mile jump to Wheaton. There was a manhole for sewage on the lot, so I dumped my septic tank with Fridman's assistance.

Not only was I last to leave the lot this morning due to my dumping escapades, but there was also a lot of traffic, stop lights, and construction to slow me down.

We were playing on a grass lot and it was a sunny day. Extremely high winds were prevalent, so as many trucks as possible were parked around the tent to provide multiple tie off points.

Jessi and I went to the outlet mall today where I bought some sweet new duds; we then went to have lunch and buy a new video game.

We picked up Ryan to go to a Halloween store, but it was closed for another week. Strike 2 on our attempts to go Halloween shopping!

We had an average sized crowd at the first show, and less people at the second show.

I was in a bad mood for the shows and just could not get into a groove to do good work.

I did find a nice moment at the end of the bee gag that made us both happy, though.

Wednesday, September 08: Wheaton, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Nikki, Jessi, and I went to Half Price Books and the mall this morning.

Our crowds today were pretty much the same as yesterday. Ryan wore the big butt for the jukebox and table gags to make the Norths laugh. Mission accomplished!

We had a 20 mile jump to Berwyn after the shows. Radar, who was driving Casey's trailer, ran the end of said trailer into the end of my trailer and took off one of my side lights. No damage was done to Casey's trailer at least.

Ryan "Bumper Cars" Easley, ladies and gentleman!

Thursday, September 09: Berwyn, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

This morning Ryan and I talked to Mr. North again about next year, and then we walked into town.

I got quite a laugh when I saw a poster that the sponsor had put up; it featured cartoon drawings of me and Ryan...only Ryan was covered up by a design on the poster. You could just see enough of the drawing to know that it was him.

This was especially funny because it is a continuation of a running gag. When the programs came out, I was on the cover and Ryan was not. When the DVD of the show came out, Ryan's picture was exactly where the disc's hole was, and now this!

The topper was when we went into a vintage store and found fliers that had yours truly on them. No Ryan to be found.

I found it a lot funnier than Ryan did.

Speaking of funny, Ryan and I found great dresses at the vintage store that we can use for drag when we finally tackle the washer woman gag in our career.

Jessi took me to the "World's Largest Laundromat" today. It was also home of the "World's Largest Collection of Latino Kids Running Around, Screaming, and Driving Steve Crazy".

We had full shows tonight, and the crowds were great. The new Kelly Miller coloring books came out today; the cover is the design featured on the poster we saw today. Ryan's face is fully intact though.

We had an 11 mile jump to Elmhurst tonight after the performances.

Friday, September 10: Elmhurst, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

This morning Ryan and I went to a neat book store that we found last year. We took my truck this time, which saved a lot of walking considering it was many miles from the lot.

I met with my friend, Lisa, and her friend, Josh, for lunch at a delicious corner burger joint, and then back at the lot I met up with my friend, Alex, who will be staying with me for a couple of days.

We went to downtown Elmhurst to walk around a bit before I had to work.

Both shows were full, but the first audience was very strange; they talked almost the entire show.

Alex helped us out a ton by designing a logo for our promotional material:

As a thank you, we took him out to dinner after the shows.

Saturday, September 11 Lake in the Hills, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.

We had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 42 mile jump to Lake in the Hills. It was a rainy, cold morning, and we were playing on a grass lot.

Alex and I went out and had a great breakfast to brighten the otherwise gloomy day.

The sun did come out in time for the shows though.

We had a good sized crowd for the first show and an almost full second show. Alex continued to help us with our promotional materials throughout the day.

We had a 27 mile jump to Harvard after the performances. Once we arrived, Ryan, Tatiana, and I went with Alex to have dinner at a Mexican restaurant.


Anonymous said...

Now that's a report.
Your "lack of posting" is hereby forgiven !

Jon Walker
Spencer, IN .... but now in Sunny Florida for the Winter.
Drive In Season is over until April 2011

Anonymous said...

Read that you and Ryan met with JRNII regarding next year. But that is where the story ends. So the obvious question is begging to be asked. Will you two be on the show again next year? I hope so!

Tejano said...

Got bloggage? Medamucil will help.