Tuesday, October 5, 2010

September 12-September 19

Sunday, September 12: Harvard, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
I hung out with Alex this morning until he had to head back to school in Iowa.
We had a full first show, complete with a surprise visit from Greg, Karen, and Emily DeSanto. I wish I would have known that they were coming so I could have gotten them good seats, but they had just decided this morning that they were going to come.

Kerri arrived during the first show; I was very happy to see her again. Sean Carlock, former Red Show clown, also arrived today.
It was a very fun, busy day for guests.

We had an almost full second show; we got good laughs for both performances, a rarity on a Sunday.

There was a big BBQ tonight with Adam and Elaine Burck and Tavana's mother in attendance.


Monday, September 13: Island Lake, IL-5:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
We had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 30 mile jump to Island Lake. Sean Carlock was visiting again today, and he shared some of the delicious pastries that he brought as a free roll.

Ryan, Sean, Kerri, and I went out to lunch, and when I got back I dealt with a problem my truck was having.
Castro found a U Joint that was on the verge of breaking; Danny had picked a replacement up for me earlier today, but it was the wrong size.
Luckily my friend, Don Lansu, was visiting with his wife and daughter, and they gave me a ride to the auto parts store up the road, where I got the correct one.

We had a decent sized crowd for the first show. The beehive was pulled too high in the exterminator gag, so Ryan didn't touch the ground after his first couple of bounces on the bungee.
I had to pull him down as he was bouncing, and when we both fell, I hurt my wrist. Needless to say I was not a happy clown.

We had an almost full second show, so that helped cheer me up.


Tuesday, September 14: McHenry, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
We had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 9 mile jump to McHenry. We were on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.

We are by a ton of great shops and restaurants in this town, and Kerri was nice enough to give me and Ryan a ride to some of our favorite destinations. We even got to go to a Halloween store....finally!

We had an average sized crowd for the first show, and there were slightly more people at the second show.

Tim Tegge was visiting; I chatted with him briefly after the performances. Kerri and I made dinner, but we also attended Mr. Fusco's birthday party for a little while.


Wednesday, September 15: McHenry, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Kerri and I left early this morning to drive to Hebron, IN. We played Hebron a couple of weeks ago, and I had latex sent to the town's post office.
Unfortunately the latex didn't even ship until after we had left the town! Since it was a 5 gallon bucket, I figured it would be cheaper to drive there and pick it up rather than have it shipped to another post office with the possibility of missing it again.

It was a 5 hour round trip, and we ran into some traffic around downtown Chicago going both ways, but we did get the latex, and we arrived back at the lot just in time for me to get ready for the show.

We had decent sized crowds for both shows. A group of us went out to a little bar down the road that was having karaoke; we rocked the place! Casey, Radar, and I sang a few songs and won the favor of the locals; we even got drinks on the house!
We finished up the evening at Steak 'N Shake before heading to bed.


Thursday, McHenry, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
I was feeling pretty crummy this morning after tying one on last night. There were thunderstorms in the morning and it was cool and overcast for the rest of the day.

Kerri took me into town so I could run some errands before the shows. Both performances had good attendance; it was the best day of the three day stand.

I had a rough start before the jukebox gag in the first show. I put my Converse on only to have one shoelace break. Undeterred, I put on my "mud" pair of Converse, only to have a shoelace break on that pair! Finally I settled for one new shoe and one "mud" shoe, both different sizes, but at least with laces intact.

The only other notable occurrence in the show was a little boy with a funny laugh that was busting a gut during the table act. He really cracked us up and kept us going for the act.


Friday, September 17: Elk Grove Village, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
We had a 5:30 a.m. call for our 38 mile jump to Elk Grove Village. This morning Ryan and I fixed the beehive prop, which was splitting open where the bungee comes out, and we latexed some of our new props.

Kerri went to the Brookfield Zoo while we worked. I wanted to go with her, but the latexing and repairs had to get done.

We had a full first show, and a decent sized crowd for the second show.
After work some of us went to watch the movie, "Devil"; I was the only one who liked it.
We finished up the night at Gameworks, having drinks and winning lots of tickets so we could purchase tacky crap!


Saturday, September 18: Elk Grove Village, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
It stormed this morning. I went to have brunch with my friend, Don Lansu before the shows.
Both performances had decent attendance.
'Nuff said.


Sunday, September 19: Vernon Hills, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
We had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 27 mile jump to Vernon Hills. We were playing in a mall parking lot and it was an overcast, cool day.

A few of us went to have breakfast, and then Kerri and I walked around the mall. Ryan and I bought suits for some promo photos we are going to have done.

I got back to the lot just in time to get into make up for the first show. Mr. Bill Machtel and his two sons were waiting for me at my trailer.
I was going to get them tickets for the first show, but the box office was swamped. They went to play glow golf at the mall until the second show, when I could get them seats.

The first show was 3/4 full; Jim Koretz was in the audience taking photos, so I talked with him during Intermission.

The second show was almost full. Not only were Mr. Bill and his sons watching, but Giovanni Zoppe was also in the audience. I spoke with all of them briefly after the show.

Kerri went to hang out with her friends at the WWE show in Rosemont tonight, so I went to Barnes and Noble after the shows. Unfortunately they were not open until 9:00 p.m. like they told me, so I only had 30 minutes to browse before they closed.

Jessi and I ended up having sushi for dinner with Casey and Georgia. It was delicious, but I ate WAY too much.

No comments: