Monday, March 14, 2011

(Clever Joke Title About Refugio)

Sunday, March 13: Refugio, TX-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.

Miles: 24

Lot: near Community Center


I took my time getting up this morning because I wanted to blend in to the line of vehicles entering Refugio (since I got a D.O.T citation in that town); if I had known there was a dump station on the lot, I would have gotten up earlier!

I attempted to dump (that's right....attempted. Seems I have a clog. Oh joy of laughter!), which put me as the last person leaving the lot.

Luckily there was no sign of my cop friend entering town.


I wasn't expecting much of a turn out today since one seat wagon was left out of the tent, but I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of people that showed up. But, like I said, we were minus one set of bleachers, which made it seem like we had more people than we did.

Attendance was average for the first show and there were more people at the second show.


Crowd reactions were rough; Ryan and I weren't doing so hot during the artist gag of the first show. Our first flop of the season!

It didn't help matters that the big hammer used for the end of the gag was stuck under the table; the hook that it hangs by and bent, leaving me unable to get it from under the table.

I thought fast and did most of the necessary bits with our smaller hammer. Unfortunately I didn't account for the difference in the hammer's size and I managed to crack Ryan over the head with the wooden handle.


In the second show at least there were four people in the front row that were having a good time; I guess four out of a few hundred isn't....too.....bad.....


Brian LaPalme burnt himself today rehearsing his fire breathing and had to go to the hospital. (All positive energy and prayers are encouraged of course)


After the shows we went with Lucky and Vickie to Port Aransas for some more delicious sea food.

We closed the restaurant down, and the staff even took us in the back room to see all their expensive parrots (the restaurant was pirate themed)

Besides a detour to the previous town, we made it back to the lot in one piece.


No comments: