Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Sponsors Must Be A Little "Rusk"y

Tuesday, March 22: Rusk, TX-4:30 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 45

Lot: rodeo grounds


The show running order was a bit screwy today. Fridman was missing for both shows so he could pick up his family at the airport in Houston.

In the second show the camel and elephant acts changed places. It is going to happen again tomorrow because Armando has to drive all the way to Hugo and back for the elephants to get shots.

They put the elephant act early in the first half so he could get to Hugo and get one elephant taken care of at a time.


There was an average sized crowd for the first show. The sponsor gave a long winded guest ringmaster speech before opening. Ryan quipped, "They can't sell a ticket, but they can talk for half an hour!"


We had good business for the second show. In the artist gag I tripped over one of the props when running out of the ring (I have a giant statue on my head, so visibility is low); I went sprawling and the head rolled across the ring.

The only thing hurt was my pride.


In the water gag when I took my first mouthful of water, some trickled down my throat and started choking me.

I held it all in, but I was coughing with a mouthful of water the whole time I was spitting on Ryan. He couldn't stop laughing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys. Will the show be coming near San Antonio this year? It looks like your route is heading away.
I once got pied on my birthday during the football gag we did after intermission my first year. Michael From got me square in the kisser and I got a mouthful of the soap.Oh the memories. I hope all is well in circus land. take care.

Alberto Ramirez Jr.

Steve Copeland said...

Unfortunately we did not get close to San Antonio this year.
If we stick around for a fourth year, we will probably see you again.