Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Me Tarzan, You Ryan

Monday, March 28: Bridgeport, TX-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 60

Lot: Harwood Park


Kelly Miller and Carson & Barnes shared the same route for part of this morning's jump. Alex honked as he drove by while I was filling up my tank.


It seemed like it was going to be dreary all day, but the sun finally came out in the afternoon and warmed things up a bit.


I spent most of the day bundled up on the couch watching TV, but I did manage to leave my fortress of solitude long enough to go to the post office and to get some BBQ from the restaurant next to the lot.

The excitement never stops on the Kelly Miller Circus!


We had an average sized crowd for the first show, and the second show was close to full.

In the first water gag there was hardly anyone sitting in the preferred seats on my side of the ring, so when I chased Ryan, I ran by him, jumped onto a web, and swung out over the seats like Tarzan.

I wasn't exactly sure that I would clear the empty seats until I was already over them, but it was something new to try, and it livened up an otherwise dull show.

The second audience, on the other hand, was a lot of fun, for which Ryan and I were grateful.


No comments: