Thursday, March 24, 2011

"Van" Down By The River (Part II)

Wednesday, March 23: Van, TX-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 70

Lot: Jr. High School


There was a Love's truck stop just a few blocks from the lot today. I attempted to use their RV dump station, but I discovered that it was overflowing.

When I tried to back up and get out of their parking lot, I jack knifed my rig and smashed up the bottom of my trailer's front section. At least all my fiber glassing repairs from last year were left unharmed.


I was very frustrated about not being able to dump and smashing part of my trailer...until I found out that Casey blew his transmission in the truck that hauls the tigers.

Suddenly I didn't feel so bad.


I found a post office so I could finally mail all of my tax information to my accountant, and then I had breakfast.


Ryan and I did some sewing repairs on the horse walkaround in our efforts to spruce everything up for the Frisco date this weekend.

Later on I walked back into town and got a massage at a spa I spotted this morning. It was very relaxing, but my body was angry at me after it was over.


There was an average sized crowd for the first show and a few more people at the second show.

I didn't see any posters during my walk in town, only three on telephone poles in front of the school we were next too. So frankly I wasn't too surprised at the turn out.


1 comment:

Harry Kingston said...

Steve,
What did I tell you about Dodge trucks and transmissions.
And it pays to advertise and now you are getting more circus programs.
You two guys have a great season and my wife and I really liked your new gags.
Harry in Texas