Thursday, May 5, 2011

Burgers & Beer

Wednesday, May 04: Bargersville, IN-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 43

Lot: flea market


When we got to the lot this morning, most of the trailers were directed off to the side until the big show trucks were parked.

The ground was soft and muddy, so they wanted to get the most important vehicles parked first.

I made it to my spot without getting stuck, but others needed the Bobcat to pull them into place.


I had eggs benedict for the first time in a long while at our breakfast spot this morning, and then I was able to get some necessities at Wal Mart and duck food at TSC.


The muddiest spot that I encountered was the back door, but it was covered with sawdust for the show and was not a problem. The ring got muddier after the elephants tromped through it, but we have had much worse. The only problem I had was that the ground was a little slippery for the water act.


Both shows were almost full; Ryan and I had a lot of fun in the second water act because I kept cracking up with a mouthful of water, much to the audience's delight.


John Moss told us about a sports bar down the street, so Ryan and I joined him, Fridman, Adrian, and Mr. North for beer and burgers after the shows. We had a good time talking and laughing.

No comments: