Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bye Ohio; Hi Jairo

Monday, May 23: Woodsfield, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 41

Lot: fairgrounds


This morning's drive was very winding and hilly; tons of fun.


I went with Casey, Radar, and Nikki to do laundry...about 30 miles away in West Virginia.

I'm not sure if there were closer laundromats (I'd hope so), but this one had a Wal Mart and TSC close by.


There was an average sized crowd for the first show, and there were more people at the second show.

I expected a lot worse since this was a lot and license town.


Renato Fernandes, who worked with us in 2009, and his girlfriend came to visit and watch the shows.

Ryan and I also got a surprise visit from Jairo Ojeda, who we worked with in the Great American Circus over the winter. He saw the second show and caught us afterwards.

We had a good but short visit with him. As we were saying goodbye it started raining, so I ran to my trailer to seek shelter from a soaking. (That was dumb)

As I was running, I stepped in a hole and hurt my ankle. I thought I may have twisted it, but I was lucky and everything was fine.

2 comments:

Jim Royal said...

Steve,

Who said it was booked a week ago? That town was booked several weeks ago. Those backyard rumors never cease to amaze me. I think we need some sort of fact check for blogs.

Steve Copeland said...

Ah, I'd heard that Wellsville had been canceled and Woodsfield replaced it last minute.
Don't worry, I've heard MUCH worse rumors!