Thursday, May 26, 2011

Casey Cainan, The Balloon Man???

Wednesday, May 25: Farmington, PA-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 40

Lot: fairgrounds


On this morning's jump there was an extremely steep hill that went on for three miles.

I put my truck in first gear, said a prayer, and did not stop. It was truly a white knuckle experience, and I saw a couple of people that had pulled over to stop, I assume from their trucks overheating.

I made it to the top without incident, but my blood pressure was definitely higher.


I was beat after all of my travel yesterday, so I slept most of the morning. Ryan put a fresh coat of paint on the hammer handles for the artist gag, and I sewed the horse walkaround.

I also had to make new skull caps since the elastic snapped in the one attached to my wig.


There was an average crowd for the first show, and there were more people at the second show.

It was an easy day because we were on grass and it was sunny.


Don Curtis came by today to take some pictures of the performers in the back yard. He brought me a delicious snack tray of crackers, meat, and cheese.


Armando was back today. He left on Sunday so his wife, Natalia, could get the paperwork for her green card.

While he was gone, a handler named "Ace" stepped into Armando's position.


In other animal news, Casey worked the tiger act using only balloon dowels instead of his whip and stick.

Since I had breadsticks and beer in his yard after the shows, you can see that it worked out alright for him.

No comments: