Monday, May 2, 2011

Dear Mr. Clown

Sunday, May 01: Osgood, IN-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.

Miles: 31

Lot: fairgrounds


It was raining this morning when I woke up to make the jump. It was a dreary, overcast day, but I wasn't too worried about rain, because we were on pavement.


The first show was packed; they had to bring in extra bleachers to fit everybody.

During Intermission a little girl and her mother gave John Moss an envelope labeled "Mr. Clown".

John gave it to me, and inside was a page from a coloring book that the little girl had colored.

After the show I waited around to see if I could spot her and thank her. I was wary to deal with the public after hearing that Mr. Fusco was hit with an umbrella when a jerk audience member thought Mr. Fusco was trying to withhold change, but the little girl and mother were very appreciative that I came out to talk and take a picture.


There was a good sized crowd for the second show. The rain came down hard this evening, but I think tear down was finished by the time the heavens opened up.

No comments: