Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Tuesday, May 24: Waynesburg, PA-4:30 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 105
Lot: Fairgrounds

The start of this morning's jump was 23 miles of the same hilly, winding road that we traveled yesterday.
The rest of the jump wasn't much of a picnic either, especially when we drove through West Virginia, where the Interstate had some very steep stretches.
On two separate occasions I passed Carolyn's truck, smoke pouring out from under its hood.
The Fuscos also had problems. Theirs was a broken axle; Ryan stayed with them to help out.

As soon as I got to the lot I unhooked my truck, unloaded everything I needed for the day with Radar's help, and then I moved my truck to the parking lot.
I took a nap to prepare for my busy day, and then about 11:00 a.m. I left for the Pittsburgh Airport.
Joy Powers, one of the Red Unit clowns, was coming to visit today, so I went to pick her up and bring her to the lot.
As I was leaving Waynesburg, I passed Ryan and the Fuscos, who were just then getting to the lot.

After I picked up Joy we had lunch and got back to the lot with just enough time for me to show her Ryan's pig and my ducks before Ryan and I had to set the props and start getting ready for the shows.

The first show was almost full, and the second show was full. Joy watched both performances; there was a gentleman also at the first show who kindly gave me some circus audio tapes, including one of the Al G. Kelly Miller show back in 1959.
(I know you read the blog sir. Please remind me of your name so I can give you proper credit. I must apologize, but I have the worst memory in the world)

After the shows I made dinner and then I had to take Joy back to Pittsburgh to the Amtrak station.
The station's parking lot was very confusing to find (especially in the dark and rain), but we eventually found it.
I wish Joy had more time to visit, but the Red Show opens in Hershey Wednesday night, and she had to get back for an afternoon rehearsal. I am happy she at least got to come see the shows and visit a bit.

I got back to the lot, hooked up my truck, loaded up the ducks, and collapsed into bed around 2:00 a.m. Talk about a full day!

No comments: