Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hog Wild

Friday, May 20: Millersburg, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 63

Lot: Mt. Hope Auction Grounds


We were supposed to play the fairgrounds in Millersburg today, but because that lot was flooded, we ended up 9 miles outside of town in Mount Hope, OH.

Unfortunately, that 9 miles was on the horribly hilly and winding State Road 241.

I knew it was going to be awful when I immediately had to shift into first gear upon turning onto the road.

The majority of the 9 miles was spent in either first or second gear, praying that my truck would make it up the next hill. My knuckles were as white as a Will Smith rap song by the time I got to the lot.


The upside of our location was that there was a great Amish buffet across the street, and the auction grounds had all kinds of great animals for sale!

They had dogs, cats, ducks, swans, geese, cows, pigs, llamas, GIANT rabbits, baby foxes, and baby raccoons!




Many people from the circus gained a new pet today, including me. Casey texted me and asked what kind of duck I wanted. I replied that I didn't need another duck.

He stated, "That is the wrong answer. What kind of duck do you want?"

I relented and answered that I wanted a black one.


Lo and behold, here is the third member of my fowl family:



I think Keith is an excellent name for this Cayuga duck...


Not to be outdone, Ryan bought a new pet as well, a teacup potbellied pig!


We are well on our way to having our own barnyard revue!


David Powell came to visit today and brought some delicious Amish pies with him.

Ryan and I also got a visit from our clown friend, Jeff Potts, who I invited out after discovering that he didn't live very far from Mount Hope.


The first show had good business, and the second show was full. Both audiences were very quiet and reserved, but Ryan and I still managed to get some good laughs for the gags. Opening was painful though.

I was just happy that it was a beautiful sunny day for the first time in what seems like ever!


After the second show Ryan and I hung out with Jeff for awhile and talked shop.

No comments: