Saturday, May 28, 2011

Impulsive Jump

Thursday, May 26: Grantsville, MD-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 30

Lot: Town park


There were no warnings about steep hills on this morning's route slip, but it turned out to be a pretty stressful drive nonetheless. I will be happy to see flat terrain once again.


We did great business today; both shows were almost full.


After the shows, those of us in the back yard had to move off the grass into a parking lot because a storm was brewing.


Casey and Nikki were making the jump to Hancock tonight, and at the last minute I decided to do the same.

I am glad I made the jump at night since the extremely strict scale en route was closed.

Even though I shouldn't have to worry about a scale, I am very skittish about all things D.O.T. after my incident in Refugio.


The jump was slow going, with lots of steep hills, but I finally made it to the lot in Hancock.

Alex parked me in a temporary spot as it started to pour down rain.


I was happy to have that stressful jump behind me, and I was doubly happy that I had city power to plug into for the night.

No comments: