Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Osama, Yo Mama

Monday, May 02: Connersville, IN-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 56

Lot: parking lot


On this morning's drive I heard over the radio that Osama Bin Laden had been found and killed. It didn't fully register when I first heard it, and it didn't really sink in until they repeated it a second time.

I am very happy that I have a working radio in my truck this year so I am not so in the dark about what is going on in the world.


Casey found a great place for breakfast this morning, unfortunately every other place that we went to in town was worthless!


Ryan and I spent time today working on a new pair of agent suit pants for me. It was an overcast day, and once show time rolled around, it was raining lightly but steadily. Luckily we were on pavement.


We did good business for both shows, but I remember much bigger crowds here two years ago. Luckily the audiences were great for our gags.

By the second show the ring mat was completely soaked. The cement was saturated as well; when Ryan and I were dancing at the end of the water gag, we were kicking water everywhere.


Since we keep the bend over horse walkaround in a fabric bag, which was left on the wet pavement, the whole thing was sopping wet for the second show.

Ryan made sure to press the cold, wet, heavy fabric to as much of my exposed skin as possible.

I got revenge however. In the second water gag, I noticed that steam was coming off of our wet clothing. That made me laugh and spit out my water when I was supposed to spit down Ryan's pants.

I walked over to my carafe to get another mouthful of water, but instead I just poured a lot of cold water down Ryan's pants while he wasn't looking.

The audience thought it was hilarious, and it gave me quite a chuckle as well.


We jumped to the next town, Rushville, after the shows. A carnival was supposed to set up on the parking lot in Connersville today, but they waited so we could show on solid ground.

Since they were nice enough to make that concession, we left after the shows so they could move on.


It rained the whole drive to Rushville, and it was still raining when I went to bed.

No comments: