Friday, May 13, 2011

Stupid Blogger

Sorry this is late; blogger was being a jerk all last night and wouldn't let me post. This should catch everything up.

Wednesday, May 11: New Castle, IN-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 50

Lot: Greenstreet School grounds


About a block away from the lot this morning, one of my trailer tires on the driver side stuck out at an angle. Tavana was behind me and saw it, but I had turned and moved on before she could jump out and tell me.

As I was getting ready to pull onto the lot, I heard a squealing noise and looked in my rear view mirror to see the tire jutting out.

I pulled onto the lot as slowly as possible (of course I had to go over a curb), and got situated.


My friend, Kyle Winchester, came to hang out with me today. I had to wait on Castro to get to the lot since the pump truck had broken down on the jump, so Kyle and I went to Gamestop, where his girlfriend, "Cookie", works.


Castro took a look at my trailer and diagnosed the problem. The outer bearing for the wheel had broken off. Luckily he had a bearing the correct size in the shop truck, but I needed to buy a new racer for it. Double luckily, there was an O'Reilley's right next to the lot.

I walked over, got a racer, walked back to my trailer, found out I needed a new seal as well, walked back to O'Reilley's for the seal, walked back to my trailer, and then went back to O'Reilley's one more time to order a bearing to replace the one Castro gave me.

By the end of it all, they knew me very well at O'Reilley's.


Kyle and I went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant next to the lot, and I also got to do some grocery shopping at the Kroger that was right there.


Castro fixed my tire problem, and just as it seemed like I was set for smooth sailing, I blew a power plug.

Luckily Alex, the electrician, was able to get me set up with a new plug. I ended up spending a lot of money today!


Kyle and Cookie watched both shows. The first show was almost full; it was a hot and humid day, and I was drained from keeping on the move all day.


I was very excited for the second show because some of the clowns from the Blue Show came to visit.

They were loading in at Columbus, OH and had a chance to drive out and see our show.


The second show was full. Ryan and I had a rough artist gag for the first show, but everything went smoothly for the second performance.


After the shows Kyle, Cookie, and Taylor, LaRena, Andrew, Jared and Oscar from the Blue Show joined me, Casey, Radar, and Nikki for dinner at Applebee's.

I had a lot of fun sharing road stories, and after dinner we all crammed into my trailer to watch some funny clown videos.


Today turned out to be a great day despite a couple of things that could have brought me down.

I'm glad I had Kyle around to take my mind off of everything this afternoon and to give me rides to the places I needed to go. I was also very happy that the Blue Show came out to help recharge my batteries.

I had a lot of fun hanging out with them, and it made me miss working in a Clown Alley.



Thursday, May 12: Liberty, IN-4:30 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 50

Lot: Middle School grounds


All of my tires stayed at the proper angle on this morning's drive. Huzzah!


I was happy that I got to go to laundry this morning since I hadn't been for two weeks.


Ryan was feeling really sick today, so we didn't do the water gag.

We did good business for both shows; it was humid again, so the audiences weren't that responsive. (I'd like to think that the humidity was the sole reason, but honestly I was off my game this evening)


After the shows we played everyone's favorite circus game: Move Off The Lot!

Two years ago this lot was miserably muddy. We were lucky this year, but there was a chance of rain during the night.


No comments: