Sunday, May 22, 2011

What's Wrong With Old Philly?

Saturday, May 21: New Philadelphia, OH-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.

Miles: 28

Lot: First Baptist Church Grounds


When we got to the lot this morning, we were all instructed to pull over to the church parking lot and wait.

I heard that another lot was being looked for, but then about an hour later we started pulling onto the lot where we were.

The set up was a bit screwy, but we have dealt with much worse; I'm not sure what the initial problem was.


Jeff Potts came back to visit today. He brought us a great antique, wooden ironing board, and a pair of his Spears clown shoes to check out.

We went to a great coffee shop on the lot that opened for circus day (they are usually closed on Saturday). They had delicious flavored coffee, and they even had showings of old movies and shows like "I Love Lucy" during the week.

I wish my church in Walterboro had a coffee shop!


Jeff took us to the mall where I finally was able to use the Borders gift card that Radar got me for Christmas.

I got Dick Van Dyke's autobiography that came out at the beginning of the month.


It was another beautiful sunny day today, and the tent was on grass; hallelujah!


Both shows had good attendance. There was a lot of joking around backstage about how judgement day was supposed to happen.

The last prediction I heard was that it was going to happen at 6:00 p.m., which was when Ryan and I were doing the artist gag.

When I got a first look at Ryan in drag and saw what a hideous visage he was, I clutched my heart and said, "It must be the Rapture!"

Yeah it doesn't make total sense, but it made Ryan laugh.


After the shows Radar, Casey, Nikki, and I went to a great brewhouse in town, and then Casey got Genevieve's name inked on his arm at a tattoo parlor across the street.

No comments: