Saturday, June 18, 2011

America's Own Diner?

Friday, June 17: Cortlandt Manor, NY-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 85

Lot: Behind MVFD


The route slip told us that we all needed to be off of a certain parkway on the jump by 7:00 a.m. per truck regulations.

Because of that, we had a 5:00 a.m. call. Even though I left Napanoch at 4:50 a.m., I still didn't make it off of the parkway by 7:00 a.m. I guess it was no big deal, because several people were later than me and didn't have a problem either.


The parkway was very hilly; there was even a stoplight at the end of it that was at the top of a hill.

I had Ryan and the generator truck in front of me, and we were all stopped at the light. When traffic started moving again, I put my foot on the gas pedal....and stayed in place!

I was already in 2nd gear, so I had to throw it into 1st to start moving again.


Casey was unable to get off the lot this morning, so he improvised for breakfast. We had a breakfast BBQ with delicious steaks.

Too bad I didn't have any fresh duck eggs to cook along with them.


I slept all morning long; I was beat after the past couple of days. The 5:00 a.m. call this morning was the clincher.

It was a perfect day for napping too: it was rainy and dreary outside.


There was some thunder and lightning right on top of us before the first show. While we were waiting for the show to begin, it started pouring rain. After that deluge though, it was clear for the rest of the night.


Both shows had to be held for 15 or 20 minutes because of a poor parking situation. Everyone was parking at the school where we set up last year, and then they had to be carted to the lot via school bus.


The first show was almost full, and the second show was full. There was a little bit of mud in the back door, but nothing bad.

No comments: