Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blue Moon

Tuesday, June 14: Greenwood Lake, NY-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

After our busy day in NYC, I decided to sleep in this morning; it was awesome! I was going to do laundry with the gang, but they were equally tired and decided clean clothes could wait one more day.

There was a Redbox right next to the lot, so Ryan and I rented a lot of movies. My favorite was the remake of "True Grit". I thought it was great!

It rained for awhile this afternoon but stopped in time for the shows. The first show was almost full, and the second show was full.
Despite the big crowd in the second show, I felt the audience's energy was very strange and unfocused. After I saw that there was a full moon, everything made more sense to me.
It also explained why I saw a guy in the audience do this:


The Senft brothers came back today and brought some delicious cookies for the show to enjoy in the cookhouse.
Courtney, who worked with us on the show in 2009, was also visiting. She is teaching trapeze in NY currently, and we will see her again around St. Louis since she will be working at the City Museum's circus program.

After the show, at the BBQ, we had wings from a pizza joint across the street. We also watched and laughed at some of our Youtube favorites that we hadn't seen in a long time.

2 comments:

Lane Taburt said...

Steve: I'm planning to be in Mill Brook on Sat. Hope to video an interview with you for a YouTube piece (Tavana, LeBrone and John Moss, among others, know me--I'm a video producer with circus as a hobby). If you're willing you can reach me at 203-612-0991 or e-mail at Talburtcom1@sbcglobal.net
Look forward to meeting you and Ryan. Lane Talburt

Steve Copeland said...

Sounds good; see you then!