Sunday, June 12, 2011

Great Day!

Saturday, June 11: Plumsteadville, PA-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.


We had our annual PR at Chubby's, the greatest ice cream shop EVER, this afternoon.

Jesse, the owner of Chubby's, is always a big help with promoting Kelly Miller, so we always go and do a meet and greet at his shop. In return he gives us free ice cream!

There really weren't many customers, but it was nice to get to talk with Jesse for a bit.


It rained during the night, which really cooled everything down; it rained like cats and dogs right before the first show. Because of that there were poodles all over the lot. (tee hee hee)


There was a good sized crowd for the first show. During the Chubby's PR, Ryan and I made friends with the firemen that sponsor the show every year (they drive us to the PR in fire trucks), and they invited us to come eat at their cafe in between shows.

We went over and they treated us right. We got free food, including deep fried Oreos. Yum!


The second show was almost full; they were a great audience too. After it was over, all the rigs had to move off the grass since more rain was expected during the night.


Since we were blocked in for awhile in the back yard, I went over to the Italian retsaurant for a drink with Casey and a few of his circus friends.

While we were there, we got the call that lot traffic had cleared up, so we ran over and moved our rigs onto the parking lot of the fire station.


The folks from the station had invited me over for some drinks after the shows, so I stopped in to socialize for a bit.

After awhile I ran back over to the Italian restaurant to pay my tab, and then I stopped by Chubby's one more time for ice cream and to chat with Jesse some more.


I finished up the night back over at the fire station, enjoying a few drinks and sharing circus stories.

I am so grateful to the folks at the fire station for treating me and Ryan so well; they, along with Jesse at Chubby's, have really helped to make Plumsteadville one of my favorite stops on tour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Plubsteadville is a GREAT town. the people treat you so well and are glad you are there.