Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Here's Egg Harbor On Your Face

Tuesday, June 07: Egg Harbor City, NJ-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

I was planning on sleeping in very late this morning, but Radar texted me with an invitation to the mall that woke me up. Since I wasn't feeling all that sleepy, I decided to tag along.
I didn't buy anything (since all my money is going to the truck repairs), but I did thoroughly enjoy one store that had lots of toys and video games that I remembered from when I was a kid.

Around 1:00 p.m. I got a call from the shop that has my truck; they said it was ready to go. Since it was too late to drive to MD and back to retrieve it, I decided that I would pick it up in the morning.

We had two small crowds for the shows today, effectively ending our streak of good business.
Ernest Albrecht, from Spectacle magazine, came to watch the first show, and Tuffy Nicholas and his business partners came to the second show.
At least we had a few friendly faces in the seats; that is more than I can say for the rest of the crowd.

After the shows I took my trailer to the next town using the flat bed truck. By the time I had dropped it off and driven back to Egg Harbor, it was after midnight.
Ryan and Tatiana were nice enough to let me crash on their couch for the evening so I wouldn't be homeless.

2 comments:

Harry Kingston said...

Steve,
Hope you have a safe trip to and from getting your truck back.
And I hope this is the last of your expensive truck repairs for a long time to come.
Harry in HOT Texas

EleFanOhio said...

You said there were smaller crowds when I visited. Maybe it isn't me. Maybe it is more generic - people who write articles/reviews of the show! Ernst seems to have had the same effect.