Friday, June 17, 2011

The Post That Goes Like This

Thursday, June 16: Napanoch, NY-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 43

Lot: Napanoch Valley Mall


There was a restaurant right next to the lot, so this morning's breakfast outing was incredibly convenient.


Ryan and I went to the Italian restaurant on the lot for lunch, and Ryan quickly struck up a friendship with the Italian man who runs the place with his wife. (The fact that Ryan made a HUGE order for his family probably helped)

The owner even agreed to keep the place open after the shows so the Fuscos could have dinner there.


There was an average sized crowd at the first show, and the second show was about 3/4 full.


I unintentionally did my best to get hurt in the first performance. When I was running backstage after opening, my foot caught on Raul's juggling prop and I went sprawling. My trumpet hit the ground, and I came down on my hands on the cracked, broken pavement.

Luckily my hands didn't get scraped or cut, and I stayed on the ground long enough to create a tableau for photographers, Jason and Justin Senft, who were standing nearby.

The only damage to my trumpet was that the mouthpiece wouldn't come out, but Ryan knew a trick to remedy that.


Then, in the artist gag, when I was being chased by Ryan, I tripped and went to one knee; I managed to scramble to my feet and keep going without slowing down too much


I need to lay off the hard stuff!


No comments: