Monday, June 6, 2011

Shut Up!

Sunday, June 05: Carneys Point, NJ-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.


I slept in this morning, which was wonderful.


We did good business for both shows; the second audience was SO much livelier for us though.


Speaking of lively, the guest ringmaster in this town was doing his own version of a warm up before Ryan and I could do ours.

"Make some noise if you want to see elephants!"

"Make some noise if you want to see tigers!"

"You're going to have to make more noise than that if you want to wake those tigers up!"


I was cracking Casey up backstage by getting riled up and yelling obscenities at the man.

Needless to say, the audience was reluctant to do a second warm up from us. Gotta love it when the guest ringmaster takes their title literally.

Time for us to invest in a giant vaudeville hook.


John Moss offered to take my trailer to the next town after the shows, but I decided it would be much better for us to enjoy our evening off I joined Casey, Radar, and Nikki for pizza in Wilmington, DE.

No comments: