Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Spirit Of Massachusetts Is The Spirit Of America

Tuesday, June 21: Dalton, MA-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 81
Lot: American Legion Field

This morning, upon our arrival to the lot, the Wayne McCary CFA tent had coffee and sweets set up for the show.

The Breakfast Club grabbed a cup of joe to go and then went for breakfast, a Wal Mart run, and a visit to Barnes & Noble.
Unfortunately, the one item I wanted, the newest volume of the Walking Dead graphic novel series, doesn't come out until tomorrow. I did get to read an excerpt from "Steve-O's" new book that talked about his time at Ringling's Clown College.

The Wayne McCary tent also hosted a lunch for the show, but I didn't know any of the details, so I didn't make it over.

Ryan's paternal grandparents were visiting today, and they brought delicious pasta, so I went over to eat and visit with them in the afternoon.
Joe Barney, a clown who taught at my first clown school that I attended when I was a teen, and one of his daughters, Gracie, stopped by to visit quickly as well.

The first show was about 3/4 full. Ryan's grandparents, Joe and Gracie Barney, as well as Dan Baltulonis (Cole Bros. marketing director) and Lee Andrews (Cole Bros. advance clown) were all in attendance.

After the show I was talking with some of the audience in the tent when this pretty young woman came over to ask for a picture. She proceeded to tell me how adorable I am (which I am well aware of, but never tire of hearing), and after we took a photo she kissed me on the cheek.
Whoo hoo!

The second show was almost full. Dan and Lee watched the show again, and they were joined by my circus fan friend, Don Horowitz.
The audiences were very good today; hooray for Massachusetts!

After the shows Ryan and I went out to dinner with Dan, Lee, and Don. We had a lot of fun talking, and Don was nice enough to pick up the check!

No comments: