Sunday, July 24, 2011

Flat

Saturday, July 23: Westfield, NY-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.

Miles: 70

Lot: Northlake Rec. Center


On this morning's jump I passed the ticket office, which had blown a tire. I drove right through the rubber fragments and sent them flying, which caused a lady behind me to think that I had a flat.

She pulled up alongside me, honked her horn, and told me that I had blown a tire. I thanked her and pulled over to check.


My tires were all intact, but I guess it is better to be safe than to be sorry.


Today's lot was a real ankle breaker. There were potholes and ruts all over the place; I'm surprised more of my stuff didn't wind up on the floor from the way my trailer was bouncing up and down while I was getting parked.


We did good business for the first show and the second show was 3/4 full. The audiences were much better than yesterday, thank God! (Although someone coughing would be an improvement over the crowds in Concord!)


I was dragging towards the end of the first show, so I took a nap before the second performance.

I felt rested, but it took me awhile to fully wake up. The heat and the energy I had to exert just to walk over the rough terrain to the back door didn't help restore my energy either.


There was an ice cream shop just up the street from the lot, so I booked it over there after the shows and got some delicious cold refreshment.

No comments: