Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Model Behavior

Tuesday, July 19: Geneva, NY-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 75

Lot: Geneva lake front


On this morning's jump I turned where I thought I saw three directional arrows. I don't know what I saw, but it was not the right turn; it put me at a dead end.

Ryan and the JOMAR (Mr. North's RV) followed my foolish lead and were behind me, but they saw me backing up and turned off on a side street.

I was very lucky that I had room to back up and turn around, and the little detour still put me on the correct route.

Things could have turned out a lot worse!


The lot today was difficult to set up on due to a lot of hills and dips, not to mention a few trees, but it was a beautiful lot.

We were right on the lake, and I had a beautiful view from my trailer door.



It's not every day that I have water front property!


Downtown was right by the lot as well, and I found a great espresso bar with a very cute wait staff.


A little later in the morning I went with Radar to Wal Mart and bought a lot of essentials. I really missed Wal Mart during our time in Massachusetts.


We did good business for the first show. There were a lot of circus fans visiting, including Bill Tenity, who came and saw the show two years ago when I was extremely ill.

He had a picture of the three of us, and I was looking less than peak.


There was a model Kelly Miller circus on the midway.




My favorite part was the generator truck replica, but Ryan and I pointed out a few things that were missing: there was no black mold in the shower, no mushrooms growing out of the floor, and there weren't two clowns crying themselves to sleep.



Wocka wocka!


I spent most of my down time during the shows outside enjoying the scenery. Because of that I met a lot of interesting people walking by, including three ladies that gave me $5 for posing for some pictures with Emmie, and two crackheads that asked me for money.


We had a full second show, and they were a fantastic audience. Ryan and I brought the house down in the water spitting act.


After the shows Radar treated me and Nikki to Cold Stone ice cream, and then promptly asked for the money back when he realized how much it cost to fill his truck with gas!

No comments: