Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Please Stop The Fireworks In My Head

Tuesday, July 5: N. Andover, MA-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 55

Lot: Middle School


I was feeling pretty lousy this morning from too much imbibing and pie eating at the 4th of July party. I took the morning to recuperate and swear that I'd never drink or eat competitively again. At least until next year.


Our friends, Chris and Gina Allison, came to visit today. We visited in Ryan's house and caught up for awhile, and then they treated us to a delicious lunch at Panera Bread.


The first show today was about 3/4 full. When Ryan and I started playing our trumpets in opening, about 10 seconds into the song, Dan started the track over again...for some reason.

Ryan and I both stopped playing, lowered our trumpets, and at the same time slowly looked back to the bandstand. Afterwards we were cracking up at our unintentional synchronized timing.


We had good business for the second show. After work we went out to eat at a pub, and I promptly forgot my vow to never drink again.


And then I found 10 bucks! Good story!

No comments: