Thursday, July 28, 2011

Skype Hunt

Wednesday, July 27: Middlefield, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 80

Lot: school grounds


This morning Zoe made the jump with me; while we were driving she interviewed me a bit and I gave her my life story. Poor girl...


After we got to the lot I went to TSC with Radar to pick up a few supplies. A little later on Ryan and I walked into town.

I was able to send a few things off at the post office, and Ryan and I had lunch at Mary Yoder's, the local Amish restaurant.


On our way to lunch some guy drove by and threw a half eaten apple at us. At least four or five times over the past three years, ONLY in Ohio, I have been accosted by people driving by me as I walked around town.

I suppose it could have been much worse though. It could have been an Amish drive by with a horse apple thrown...


We did good business for the first show and the second show was almost full.

I have to be honest, I was a bit disappointed in the audience reactions. I remember KILLING 'EM the past two years, and I think I jinxed our chances at success by having such high hopes.


After the shows I Skyped with my buddy, Neal Skoy, who I worked with on Ringling. He is currently clowning at Circus World Museum with my other friend, Gregory Parks, and I wanted to ask him all about his recent teaching experience at my old clown alma mater, Moosecamp.

It was great to catch up with him and swap stories.