Saturday, July 9, 2011

Tree Huggers

Friday, July 8: Charlestown, RI-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.


I slept in this morning, which felt fantastic. It has been awhile since I used a day without shows to simply take it easy.


Ryan and I continued to work on new props today. We took a break from work to check out a place that Sara had recommended to us, The Umbrella Factory.

There were a couple of shops, and a restaurant where we ordered $8 grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.


The whole restaurant had a hippie quality to it, so after having to wait forever for our food, Ryan and I had a few smart remarks.

My favorite came from Ryan, "Ah, I see the chef woke up from his pot addled stupor long enough to make our meal."


Our waitress, also a hippie, told us halfway through the meal that she would get more water for us, only to completely disappear.

Of that, I had this to say, "I'll get you some more water. Just as soon as I remember what water is."


There was good business for both our shows today, but there were less people at the second show. The music cues were all messed up in the first artist gag, which was very frustrating.

Luckily I stole an ounce from the hippie restaurant and I was able to calm down in no time.


KIDDING! I am not a pot head!

Just an alcoholic....


I wanted to go out after the shows, but everything was at least 7 miles away and would be closed by the time I got there.

Instead I stayed on the lot and started watching the movie, "Hook", with Ryan.

No comments: