Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Agulars

Saturday, August 27: Grand Haven, MI-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.

Miles: 61

Lot: Harbor Island


Even though we went 61 miles today, it was a quick drive for me; almost all highway.


The Agular family, our biggest fans, came to the lot this morning to watch the tent raising.

Afterwards they took me to Russ' where they treated me to two breakfasts!


Next I got a driving tour of Grand Haven, where I was shown the beach. In the next town over I got to see a wake park, where you pay to zipline across the water on a wakeboard and jump ramps.

Finally the Agulars showed me where they live, and I was taken to a local coffee shop where Landon treated me to an iced mocha.


The area they live in produces a lot of blueberries, and you could definitely tell from the merchandise in the coffee shop. They sold everything from blueberry coffee to blueberry jams and jerky!


The first show was full, and the second show was almost full. The Agulars were at both performances, and Ryan and I visited with them at Intermission.


Between shows I made the mistake of taking a nap, and for the life of me I could not fully wake up before the second show.

Before opening I told Ryan, "I may fall asleep playing the trumpet. If I do, just wake me up before you leave the ring."


After the shows the Agulars took me to Holland, MI to a hibachi restaurant and treated me to a sushi dinner.

They then took me by Wal Mart so I could buy groceries.


Many thanks to Landon, Rachel, Dennis, and Michael Agular for showing me such a great time and taking such good care of me whenever I am in the area.


1 comment:

EleFanOhio said...

It appears that to gain ascendence in the rank of your fans, one must feed you early and often!