Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bottoms Up!

Wednesday, August 24: Manistee, MI-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 56

Lot: Seng's Lot


After getting parked in Manistee I walked to downtown, which was right next to the lot.

I found a coffee shop where I had a hot pick me up and some breakfast.

And then the hot pick me up served me some coffee.


Ba dum ching!


Later in the day I ventured back into town to have lunch, and Ryan and I went antique shopping.

Two years ago Ryan made a great haul of circus programs from one shop; unfortunately he must have cleaned them out, because we couldn't find anything this time around.


We ended up going back to one shop to look at a couple of steamer trunks, and as we were leaving, something caught my eye.



It was an envelope full of Ringling postcards! Lou Jacobs was the clown featured on several of the cards. Score!


We had good business for the first show, and there were more people at the second show.


I went to the back door for the first water gag with my shirt hanging open. I was in a daze getting dressed and didn't even button it up. I guess I didn't notice since my chest is so white; it must have matched the shirt!

I am happy that Ryan pointed out my mistake before we went out instead of exposing it during the gag like he was thinking of doing.


In the back curtain before the second finale Sara's skirt fell off. I yelled, "Alright! I didn't know it was THAT type of show!", before dropping my pants.

Both wardrobe "malfunctions" were corrected just as the curtain opened.


No comments: