Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"By The Pricking Of My Thumbs..."

Tuesday, August 23: Empire, MI-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 75

Lot: Eagles Meadow


We were actually set up on a lot almost 7 miles from Empire today. It was a campground type of set up, so in the back yard we each had our own little parking area with a picnic table and a fire pit.


Natalie and I went to downtown Empire two years ago and I visited a cool little coffee shop with three cute women working the counter.

I unhooked my truck and drove into town expressly to visit that establishment, but unfortunately a lot can change in two years, and the coffee shop was now a laundromat.


At least I was able to fill up my gas tankin town. Yay?


Ryan spent time working on my new agent suit today. The sketch he drew looks fantastic, but once we started looking at fabric samples in real life, the color combinations just didn't do it for me.

Back to the drawing board!


We did good business for both shows; I remember packed houses here two years ago.

Once again the crowd for the first show was more responsive than the second audience.


The weather forecast called for storms after 5:00 p.m., and the wind was gusting, sending dark clouds flying by all day.

We got off with light sprinkling until after tear down was complete. Then we got some action!

It was the perfect weather to read my current book, "Something Wicked This Way Comes" by Ray Bradbury.


No comments: