Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cast Iron Skillet

Tuesday, August 30: Goodland, IN-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 81

Lot: Community Center Grounds


This morning's drive took a long time for me to complete. Besides it being 81 miles, I stopped for gas AND I stopped at a Flying J to dump my tank. This Flying J gets two thumbs up from me because they didn't charge for using their dump station.

You hear that, other greedy Flying J's!?!


Goodland is a small, small, small, small, small town with nothing going on. I walked to Main Street and everything seemed to be closed down.


A young clown, Adam Schill, came to visit today. He hung out with me while I got ready for the show, and then I took him into the tent.


There were small crowds for both shows, but the audiences weren't that bad. There was one family in particular that was having a blast and laughing loudly during the first show.


Before the first water gag Ryan noticed some kind of dirt stain on the crotch of my pants (easy everyone). I took some water from my jug and cleaned it off, but then it looked like I had wet myself.

I asked Ryan if it was too noticeable and he burst out laughing. Ok...I guess so.


I ran into my house, grabbed my space heater, and quickly dried the spot before going in to do the act.

There you have it folks, the things you don't know are happening backstage as you watch the show.


Between shows I met up with Beth Grimes and her boyfriend, David, who have an Indiana clown troupe based about an hour away from Goodland.

They visited with me between shows and then they joined Adam to watch the second performance.


Adam, Beth, and David brought us a ton of free roll, and then Beth and David were nice enough to treat me and Adam to dinner after the shows.

I was afraid we wouldn't be able to find anyplace to dine, but there was a 24 hour Iron Skillet restaurant in a truck stop about 7 miles from town.

A good time and many laughs were had by all.

2 comments:

Harry Kingston said...

Steve,
Next time you have a wet spot try a hair dryer.
Works fast.
Harry in Texas

Tejano said...

Well, Casey has an app!! When are you and Ryan going to get an app???

:)

Ramon