Monday, August 29, 2011

Darned Technology!

Sunday, August 28: Hartford, MI-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.

Miles: 74

Lot: Hartford Motor Speedway


(I wrote the cliff notes for this blog last night, but my computer decided to delete them. I am going off my terrible memory here.)


This morning's drive was very boring for me, and it seemed to go on forever.


Today's town was lot and license, so I was worried that no one would show up, but there was a line at the ticket window during set up.

We ended up having good business for the first show, and an average sized crowd for the second show.


I saw circus fan and blog reader, Charles Klute, in the audience, so I went out to say hello during Intermission.


The second audience was much more responsive than the first one, which was a relief. The first performance was a tough one to get through; Buckner helped by bringing me a torta from a Mexican market. He is one of my new favorite people now!


After the show Radar and I went to a bar and grill where we found Dan. We all had dinner, and I ended up answering questions for a few locals once they found out we were from the circus.

My favorite question was when they asked if Dan was the fire breather.

No comments: