Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Last Supper

Friday, August 26: Howard City, MI-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 52

Lot: Ball Field


There was a great cafe in Howard City that I discovered last year. On the drive this morning all I could think about was enjoying a nice cup of coffee and a tasty breakfast sandwich.

Wouldn't you know, the cafe is now closed. This is the second time this week that my coffee plans have been thwarted!

I need to stop getting so attached to small, locally owned businesses!


Luckily Brian LaPalme made delicious panini sandwiches for lunch. Score!


Ryan and I practiced playing trumpet this afternoon (working on the first song I learned to play three years ago), and we did some gag brain storming.


I got a package in the mail from Katje Sabin, who contacted me awhile ago with an offer that piqued my interest.

She had a 2005 Ringling Blue Show Clown Alley t-shirt, which has this awesome photograph on it:



I had a whole bag full of them at home, but Mom thought they were to get rid of, so she gave them as gifts to a lot of family and friends.

MOM!

This left me with only a few shirts remaining in my possession. Katje knew that I was looking for that particular shirt, and she just happened to have one that someone left at an IJA convention (I think that is the story).


Thank you so much Katje for the awesome gift!


The first show was 3/4 full, and the second show was full. The second crowd was a great audience too!



No comments: