Thursday, August 4, 2011

Our Definitions Of Cute Differ Greatly, Sir!

Wednesday, August 3: Aurora, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 21

Lot: Masonic Lodge


This morning's lot was only a half mile from Starbucks, so I'm sure you can all guess where I spent my morning.

That's right! My trailer!

....but I did go to Starbucks too...


It was a dreary, drizzly day. The perfect kind for alliteration!

Ryan and I spent some time rewriting the artist gag; we haven't been thrilled with how the gag has been going, and we thought it might benefit from some rethinking.


This morning John Moss asked me if I would mind doing some PR before the show. He wanted me to put on my make up for a reporter and answer some of her questions.

Being the team player that I am, I was more than happy to agree....after he added that she was a cute college intern.

What can I say, the man knows me!


Boy was I let down when he led a middle aged male reporter to my trailer half an hour before show time.

Apparently there was a "last minute change". I think I was more upset over the fact that John now knows how to get me to agree to anything he wants me to do!


The first show was almost 3/4 full. We tried out the new version of the artist gag. It went alright, but to me it felt a little bare bones.


The second show was almost full, and the audience was great. I love it when the crowd is so excited about the circus.


After the shows I walked with Radar to get something to eat. On our way back to the lot, some jackass drove by and yelled something witty at us along the lines of, "Shut the **** up!"


I'm telling you, Ohio is the only state where you cannot walk without having some "genius" add their commentary.


No comments: