Monday, August 22, 2011

Seasons Change

Sunday, August 21: Lewiston, MI-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Miles: 75
Lot: elementary school grounds

There were no open gas stations on this morning's long jump. The one station that we did pass didn't open until 7:00 a.m., and it didn't even take credit cards at the pumps.
I was lucky that I had plenty of fuel; others were sweating bullets as the desolate miles continued and their gauge steadily dropped.

Radar texted me not far from town saying that he was below empty and asking if I had any fuel in my gas can.
I passed Sara, who ran out of diesel about 10 miles outside of town. She had to wait on the pump truck at the end of the convoy before she could continue.

Luckily there were two gas stations right as we pulled into Lewiston. Their business experienced a huge boom this morning, I am sure.

There were some nasty storm clouds around the lot when I went to get paid. They all seemed to be blowing past us, but then the wind changed direction and they were right on top of us.
There was some loud thunder and a little rain, but then the ominous clouds moved on to frighten other areas.

We did good business for the first show, and average business for the second show. It surprised me that the turnout was as good as it was because we were in a small town and there weren't any people around for set up.

It rained hard at the beginning of the second show, but only for a few minutes. The rain brought in some chilly weather; tonight I wore my jacket for the first time in what seems like forever.

No comments: