Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Shrine Clown!

Tuesday, August 2: Kirtland, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 10

Lot: Lakeland Community College


Even though we only had a 10 mile jump this morning, I encountered an unusual amount of stupid drivers that cut me off and raised my blood pressure.


I tagged along with Ryan and Tatiana later in the morning to enjoy some fine dining from Panera Bread.

Panera twice in one week?! I must be in Yuppie Heaven!


This afternoon I sewed colored buttons onto my artist smock. That should show you how exciting my day was.


There was an average sized crowd for the first show and we did good business for the second show.

This town is a Shrine produced date, and there was a Shrine clown in full regalia sitting in the audience. Oh joy of laughter!


All day it was humid. The sky threatened rain, but it never did more than sprinkle for a few minutes at a time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why the lack of photos this year?

Steve Copeland said...

Because I am a lazy man.

Isn't it enough that I haven't missed a single post since the season started?

Anonymous said...

I need pictures so we can understand what a Shrine Clown looks like. I kinda get the picture of an old man wearing a rainbow wig and big colorful baggy pajama one piece suit with the fat zipper up the front. The make up has a smudgy, fingerprinted, uneven white face only to the under edge of the chin, unpowdered, big plastic shoes, white garden gloves and sat there wanting to shake every little kids hand and laugh at everything HE said. Am I close? I think we need some pictures lazy butt.

Love,

"Mr. Bill"

Harry Kingston said...

Steve,
Yes, thank you so much for a day by day route book of what goes on at KM.
And to take time with all you have to do in a long long day it is greatly appreciated by us fans.
A million thanks.
Harry in Texas

thom said...

do you mean he had a costume on or was he wearing his Fez?

And why must you mock those poor shrine clowns so?

Steve Copeland said...

Why Mr. Bill, you described me perfectly!

Thom, he was in full clown make up and costume. And nowhere in my post did I mock poor Shrine clowns.
I only make fun of rich Shrine clowns!