Saturday, August 20, 2011

Standish-Offish

Friday, August 19: Standish, MI-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 75

Lot: fairgrounds


This morning as I was driving across the lot, Tavo noticed that my trailer bounced pretty hard going over a bump. He told me to have Castro check my trailer springs, because they could be broken.

Castro took a look, and the spring wasn't broken, but the spring's support was.


Early this afternoon I went to a feed store in town to get duck food, and when I came back Fridman and Castro fixed my trailer problem.

Castro had to take one of the tires off my trailer so Fridman could properly reach the spring support; once that was out of the way, Fridman welded the support back together.


Since he had all of his equipment over at the trailer anyway, I had Fridman weld my broken trailer step as well. It was so nice to have it fixed after such a long time of jumping in and out of my house.


Castro also took a look under my trailer to see why my batteries were not charging during the day. I don't want to jinx myself, but I think he may have solved the problem!


There were small crowds for both shows. In the opening of the first performance, Ryan and I ran out and styled, and the tent was dead silent.

I muttered to myself, "Oh dear God", which made a lady in the front row about pee herself laughing.

Sadly that was the high point of the day!


No comments: