Sunday, August 14, 2011

Steve's Big Night

Saturday, August 13: Ypsilanti, MI-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.

Miles: 52

Lot: Lakeshore Golf Course


I was very relieved when I saw that we weren't parked in the ghetto of Ypsilanti this year.

My ducks were also relieved when I took their bulletproof vests off.


We did decent business for both shows. Barry Miller and his wife were at the first performance; I went out and visited with them during Intermission, and then after the show they gave me two bags full of old circus programs.

Ryan and I spent the whole between show break looking through them and reminiscing. We even saw some folks from our show in old Carson & Barnes programs.

Thank you Barry!


A big storm hit during the water gag of the second show. We could hear the rain beating down on the tent, and afterwards the lightning was flashing and the thunder was crashing right on top of us.


Finale was canceled so the audience would be out of the tent faster and the crew could start tear down.

That was fine with me, because I had big plans for my evening!


I rushed to get out of make up and off the lot, and I headed into Ann Arbor, which was the next town over. Luckily the storms didn't follow me.


I had a delicious burger at Red Robin, browsed Barnes & Noble for a bit, and had some ice cream at Cold Stone.

It was so nice to get away from the circus for an evening and have some alone time.


I was also able to fuel up my truck before heading back to the lot and hooking up to my trailer.

Night well spent!


2 comments:

barry miller said...

https://picasaweb.google.com/110508385550671123529/KELLYMILLER2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCISbwqTQuoWc9AE#

HOPE THIS WORKS.

BARRY

IF NOT GIVE ME YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS

Steve Copeland said...

stclown@lowcountry.com