Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Whoo Hoo!

Monday, August 1: Willowick, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 15

Lot: Dudley Park

When I was pulling off the lot in Chesterland this morning I noticed that one of my trailer tires was almost completely flat.

It has had a slow leak for a long time, and once a week I would air it up to avoid a flat. Today it just decided that it'd had enough.

Castro put air in the tire and told me that I was good to go since it was only a 15 mile jump.

Once I got to the lot in Willowick, he switched it out with my brand new spare tire. However, he pointed out that the other tire on the same side was completely bald and could blow at any time.

Ryan and I borrowed Natalia's van and went to JoAnne's Fabrics, where we dropped a wad of cash on fabric for new costumes.

Right before we left it started storming; we didn't realize how severe the storm was until we ran out to get in the van.

It was pouring so hard we could barely see in front of us, the wind was blowing like crazy, and quarter sized hail was barraging the van. Needless to say, we were scared.

Luckily we made it back safely thanks to my mad drivin' skillz, and the lot was spared from the storm; it only rained a little bit after we got back.

I unhooked my truck and went out on the town to be productive. I did a HUGE load of laundry, I bought two new batteries for my trailer (and was helped by a clerk whose nephew, David Solove, was a clown on Ringling), I got a new tire for my trailer (after dealing with the extremely frustrating Wal Mart Tire Center), I had lunch at Panera Bread, picked up stamps at the post office, and I bought a new clown nose at the magic shop.


Back at the lot Radar helped me get my new trailer batteries installed. I know that doesn't sound very exciting, but it means that now I have water and lights after the power goes out. That is HUGE!

The rain brought in some awful humidity in the afternoon. We had a 3/4 full first show.

In the water gag I styled for applause after spitting down Ryan's pants, only to be met with resounding silence.

I held the style for a bit, checked my "watch", before I finally gave up and quipped, "Wow, you guys REALLY hate us."

That got the biggest laugh of our whole gag, unfortunately.

Cheri Smith, and her children, who I met last year, came to the first show as my guests, and she brought me baked goodies and fresh chicken eggs. Whoo hoo!

The second show was full. Whoo hoo!

This blog entry is over. WHOO HOO!

No comments: