Tuesday, September 27, 2011

BILL BRASKY!

Monday, September 26: Downer's Grove, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 30

Lot: O'Neill Middle School


When I went to bed last night I heard it start to rain, and when I woke up this morning, the rain was still coming down.


Ryan and I went on a mision to Panera Bread, and on the way we spotted a cool book store to check out later.


I went and did some much needed laundry washing in town, and then Ryan and I went back to the Frugal Muse bookstore. It was very similar to a Half Price Books. In fact, the owners used to be managers at Half Price, so the similarties were evident.

There were a lot of great books and movies I wanted to pick up, but I tried to be frugal (to blend in with the theme of the store), so I ended up putting a few back on the shelves.


Even though the rain let up for the afternoon, it was still cold and dreary. Carolyn remarked to me at the laundromat that even though we have hit a spell of unpleasant weather, it helps us appreciate the great weather we have had for the majority of the season.


The first show was full, and the second show was almost full.


One of the DVDs I bought at the book store was "The Best of Will Ferrel Volume 2", and this sketch in particular kept me in stitches:



Watch To be Bill Brasky in Entertainment | View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com


In the second water gag, Ryan and I were throwing out a few quotes from the sketch here and there, but at the end, I let out a big, loud, "BILL BRASKY!" that made Ryan prematurely spit his water in my face.

This prompted him to start improvising, which resulted in a longer gag and a wetter Steve.

Now mind you, it was FREEZING and normally I would be against lenthening our stay in the ring while soaking wet, but it was a fun little tangent for us to explore, and the audience ate it up.

Win win, I believe.


Our magician friend, Steve Chezeday, was at that show with some friends of his, so I said hello afterwards.


Radar and I went back to the Taphouse Grill that we found last night. I enjoyed sampling their tasty wares and seeing our good looking waitress again.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love Bill Brasky. I was bustin' up laughin ove this one. His poop is considered currency ... Love it
Keith