Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Cry Of The Banshee

Wednesday, September 14: McHenry, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 10

Lot: Peterson Park


This morning after enjoying a delicious breakfast at Panera Bread, I visited the laundromat and the post office.


Ryan, Tatiana, and Nico went shopping, and then I met them for lunch. After we ate we checked out the Halloween store in town. Nico bravely faced the vampires, zombies, and other assorted ghouls, whereas Uncle Steve wet himself from fear twice.


It was a very chilly day. I didn't particularly want to leave my warm trailer and do shows in the cold.


We had decent business for the first show, but there were less people at the second show. There was; however, a group of young girls that screamed the entire show.

Now, there is nothing wrong with the audience having a good time and showing it, but these girls just let loose blood curdling shrieks at the strangest times conceivable. In short, they were being obnoxious.


In the water gag Ryan and I had heard enough from the banshees. When the music stopped in the gag, the girls all screeched one more time.

I turned to them and yelled, "Shut! Up!"

The audience laughed loudly, and then bit by bit, the majority of the audience gave me a round of applause.

It was so funny! All I could do was bow to each section while marveling at how annoying the girls must have been for my reprimand to be met with an ovation.


After the shows Casey, Radar, Nikki, and I went to a bar a little ways out of town that had karaoke. We found the place last year, and after singing a few songs for the clientele, we had them in the palms of our hands.


This year was no exception; the locals quickly remembered us from last year, and they treated us like the rock stars we are!

I got to sing a lot of songs. My selections ranged from "My Kind of Town" in the style of Sinatra, to "The Curley Shuffle", "Rainbow Connection", and selections from "Avenue Q".


Our friend, Susan Hoss, from Brookfield Zoo, joined us about midway through our singing soiree. She then came back to the lot for awhile to hang out after we closed down the bar.


No comments: