Monday, September 5, 2011

Entertaining The "Crete"ins

Sunday, September 4: Crete, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.

Miles: 17

Lot: Balmoral Race Track


Hello short city jumps! The 17 miles took a little while this morning thanks to stop lights and slow speed limits, but there was plenty of civilization to look at.


Radar's family arrived today for a visit; they brought tons of free roll for him and also for me (their adopted son).


Since we were on cement, Ryan couldn't stake Chancho's pen to the ground, so he was moving it over to my ducks' pen so he could eat their food.

I spotted him doing that, so I moved him back and gave him some duck food of his own to eat.

As soon as my back was turned, he moved his pen right back to steal from my ducks. What a pig!


Michael Johnson, a 1982 Clown College graduate, and his son, Alex, live not too far from Crete, so they came out to visit today.

Mike treated us to lunch at an Italian restaurant with a kick butt breakfast buffet.


Mike and Alex came to watch the first show, for which there was good business. Afterwards Ryan and I visited with them until it was time to go back to work.


There was an average sized crowd for the second show, and they were witness to probably one of the worst artist gags we've ever done. About everything that could go wrong technically, did.


Radar's family treated me, Dar, and Nikki to dinner at Cracker Barrel after the shows. Our waitress was less than ideal, but through some mistake we got a couple of free desserts. I guess that evened up the score a bit.


No comments: