Saturday, September 17, 2011


Friday, September 16: Vernon Hills, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 20

Lot: Vernon Hills Mall

This morning after I had been parked at the lot, I went into my house to get water for the ducks. My bathroom door had come open on the jump, and my underwear drawer had come open behind it, thus blocking me from accessing the back of my trailer.

This has happened a couple of times before, so I knew the protocol. A little bit of space is left for me to get my fingers behind the door to inch the drawer shut, but this morning something was jamming the drawer so it couldn't close. Great.

I went outside to unlock my bedroom door so I could go in the back end of my trailer to close the drawer, but a key was broken off in the top lock of the door. Great.

I tried using needle nose pliers to get the broken key out, but to no avail. Finally I got my screwdriver set out, which has a small pointed tool.

As I was trying to pry the fragment out, I managed to stab myself in the thumb. Great....I mean...OUCH!

Finally I found that if I pressed the key fragment from the left side, it would open the door. I guess if times get rough I can always find work as a lock pick....

I climbed into my trailer via the bedroom and saw that some of my boxers were sticking out of the drawer, blocking it from closing all the way. I threw the boxers on the floor, closed my drawer and the bathroom door, and proceeded with my morning routine.

Radar and I had breakfast across the street from the lot, and later we went with Nikki to explore the mall.

It was an overcast, cool day; luckily not as cold as the past couple of days though. We had average sized crowds for the shows.

I was feeling very emotional while I was getting into make up; I felt like I was going to start crying.

I have no idea why I felt that way, or what set it off, but it was a very strong feeling that continued until we started doing the first show.

All the emotion found a release in the water gag. I could not stop laughing towards the end of the act, and I laughed for maybe three full minutes after the gag as I was getting changed in my trailer.

I don't know what was up with me, but I'm glad that laughter was the end result. There's not much that's funny about a crying clown.

Well.....maybe it is KINDA funny.

Jeremiah went into the show with his fire breathing act today; I am glad that I don't have to rush so much after the water gag now to do finale.

During our earlier tour of the mall, I found an Irish pub with a good menu that was having karaoke tonight. After getting cleaned up from the shows I walked halfway around the mall to get to the pub, only to discover that they weren't serving their full 10 p.m.....on a Friday night!

I decided to check out the sushi restaurant across the street from the lot, but they too were 10 p.m....on a Friday night!

I decided to just go home to sit and pout in my trailer. I was pretty tired anyway, so I went to bed early.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you had a somewhat sad day. You are after all human. Smile because it could have been a lot worse.