Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy Labor Day!

Monday, September 5: Crete, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.


It was chilly and windy today. I stayed inside where it was warm, and I did a little housekeeping.


Beth Grimes and her boyfriend, David, came back to visit today, and they brought Becky and Conner, two young members of their clown troupe. They also brought me a free roll. Whoo hoo!


Michael Johnson also came back to visit, and all of us hung out in my trailer while I got ready for work.


The first show was almost full, and the audience was fantastic. I was glad everyone that came to visit got to see us at our best.


Ryan and I tried a different bit in the artist gag; it went alright, but it wasn't quite what we were looking for.

However, the tightening up we did in the water gag was much to the act's benefit.


Besides our friends who were in the audience, there were (at least) four other local clowns in the crowd. Talk about a supportive group!


We did good business for the second show. Mike took off, but left me with the movie Iron Man (since I started it last year and only got 30 minutes in). Beth and her group stuck around to keep me company during the performance.

With the temperature dropping and the wind blowing, the water gag was not so much fun today.

Valerie got a good picture of it though: (http://themudshowdiaries.blogspot.com).


Radar's family once again took us out to dinner, this time to Olive Garden. Our bad luck with wait staff continued this evening with a klutzy guy who dropped a tray near us and almost spilled food and drinks on us throughout the meal.

I'm not sure if it was the area we kept visiting that produced such numbskullery, or if it was the curse of our group being together.


No comments: