Tuesday, September 13, 2011

High Lining It: The Steve Copeland Way

Monday, September 12: Round Lake Beach, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 40

Lot: Civic Center


This morning's drive took forever due to horrible traffic and about a million stop lights.

On the plus side, the lot was set up a lot better than last year. In 2010 a lot of folks were parked across from the tent in a METRA parking lot, where they had no power.

This year only a couple of people were on the outskirts of the lot, and to the best of my knowledge, they did have power.


This morning I was "high lining it" as Dudley Hamilton says. I had Starbucks AND Panera Bread! OOO DA LOLLY!


Ryan and I walked over to Hobby Lobby and Joann's Fabrics to do some shopping for new gags.

While at Joann's we ran into Jeremiah, who was looking for materials to build a fire eating table.

He hired Ryan's services for construction of said table, and Ryan also helped him pick out fabric to make a skirt....for the aforementioned table. Table table table.


Before heading back to the lot I stopped for lunch at Chipotle. The cute girl behind the counter was flirting with me while I ordered. As I was paying she told me, "You'll have to come back tomorrow and let me know how your food was. I made the meat myself."

I told her that I was only in town for one day, and then I made the mistake of dropping the dirty C word.

Circus.


After that, she quickly lost all interest and went on to the next customer. I do have a way with the ladies....


The first show was 3/4 full, and the second show was full. Jeannie Schwieger, Barbara Yurisich, and Suzanne Flynn were at the second show. They got to see us in front of a fantastic audience. I had so much fun performing!


The ladies joined us for dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings, where Casey's magician friend, Paul Lee also met up with us.

I had a good time hanging out and watching Paul Lee do magic and hearing some of his circus stories.

I was pretty tired though, and we stayed out a little later than I had wanted.


Ryan went with Armando, Buckner, and Dan to see the new movie "Contagion", which Dan was an extra in.

They said you could see the back of his head in a press room scene. A star is born!



No comments: