Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lot Lice Infestation

Friday, September 23: Rolling Meadows, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 40

Lot: Community Center Park


This morning Ryan, Tatiana, and I had breakfast from one my favorite restaurants in the Chicago area, the Egg'lectic Cafe. They have delicious egg benedicts, and I had been looking forward to a return visit since we played Rolling Meadows back in 2009.


To avoid falling into a food coma after breakfast, I kept busy with some sewing. I fixed the blanket for the horse walkaround, and I cut some stray threads off one of our new gag costumes.


Radar called me and said that Susan Hoss was visiting, so I went over to say hello and chat with her a bit.


There were tons of people walking around the lot all day. Usually there are just people around in the morning for the tent raising, but folks just kept wandering in our yards right up until show time.


The first show was almost full, and the bleachers were packed for the second show. The only empty seats to be found were in the preferred seating section.


In finale I saw a guy in front of me that flashed me a peace sign; he looked familiar, but I just couldn't place who he was.

Backstage Ryan asked me if I had seen Giovanni Zoppe in the audience, and then it finally registered that it had been him.

We went out to the midway to say hello to him and his family.


Breaking parenting news from Ryan and Tatiana: Nico took his first steps tonight! Look out world!


No comments: