Sunday, September 11, 2011

Website Work

Saturday, September 10: Lake In The Hills, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.

Miles: 34

Lot: Sunset Park


My friend, Don Lansu, came by the lot this morning to visit. I met Don back in 2001 when I was attending the clown training program, Moosecamp. Don was filming the camp's activities and the student show at the end of the week.

We have kept in touch since then, and he always comes to visit me when one of my shows is in the area.


He came bearing gifts: Guinness paraphernalia for me (a shirt, two drinking glasses, and an 8 pack of Guinness) and a NASCAR blanket and steering wheel for Nico.

It was very thoughtful of him to bring us gifts....and to teach Nico how to drive a race car!


Don took me to breakfast at a restaurant I discovered last year called Burnt Toast. We had a delicious meal, and then he took me to Wal Mart so I could do some shopping.


Back at the lot I joined Alex and Ryan who had been working on our website all morning; they continued all the way up until the second performance as well.


The first show was almost full, and the second was full. Don and his family came to the first performance, and Alex watched the second show to take photographs.


We had to jump to the next town after the shows because Lake In The Hills likes the circus enough to have us back every year, but they don't like us enough to let us stay overnight.


Luckily Reyna was making my favorite Mexican dish, tortas, for supper, so Alex and I both grabbed one for the road.


Once we got to the lot in Harvard, Ryan, Alex, and I jumped right back into work on the website.

We got everything finished, but we couldn't figure out how to upload it online. Finally around 1:30 a.m. we gave up and went to bed in a state of frustration.

No comments: