Tuesday, September 20, 2011

You Could Hear A Pin Drop

No kidding, several minutes after that last post, my computer decided to cooperate.

Still, if a blog post doesn't go up on time, you will know the reason. (See my previous post)


Monday, September 19: Belvidere, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Miles: 52

Lot: fairgrounds


It was raining when we got up this morning, and the jump took a long time to complete due to the wet, dark, two lane roads replete with stop lights.


There was a little mud in the backdoor area after set up, but nothing bad. I can't even remember the last time we had mud on the lot.


My computer was still being a jerk today. Something is wrong with the backlight in the screen, because when I try and make the screen bright, it automatically goes completely dark again.

After much finagling, I finally got the screen to stay lit right before the start of the first show.


To be honest, a part of me enjoyed not having computer access because I got a lot of other things done: I read, I watched a movie, and I got a good way through one of my video games.

Of course I didn't do anything worthwhile like clean my trailer, find us winter work, or get a girlfriend, but Rome wasn't built in a day!


Even though the day started out miserable, the sun came out in the early afternoon and it was a nice day.


There was an average sized crowd for the first show; talk about a dead audience!

When we all styled in finale, the crowd was completely silent. Sometimes all you can do is laugh!


We did good business for the second show, and the audience was much better. Ryan remarked that it was like performing in a different town.

It's funny how much difference a few hours can make in an audience's reaction. Just one of those things that keeps you on your toes as a performer...or causes you to lose hair and sleep....


No comments: