Sunday, October 2, 2011

Costume Sweat Shop

Saturday, October 1: Kewanee, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.

Miles: 58

Lot: Corner of 3rd & Elm St.


Our friend, Alex Zaprudsky, arrived this morning for a visit. He came bearing gifts too: sugar cookies his sister had made, a portfolio for Ryan, and a DVD of the 2011 Smirkus show for me.

He also brought another spectacular gift for me...a Mac!


When he told me he had a laptop that he would sell to me, I assumed that it was an old PC that I could use until I felt I could blow a grand on a new Mac.

Boy was I surprised that the laptop was a Mac that is only a few years old and in beautiful condition!


The only problem was that the battery was bad, but I switched it with the battery from my old Mac and I was good to go.

And that ladies and gentlemen, is one of the reasons why Alex Zaprudsky rules.


Ryan is making a costume for Alex, so he started working on that, and he continued on it all day.


The first show was about 3/4 full, and the second show was almost full. Bill and Nancy Prickett were in the audience at the 2:00 p.m. show, so I went over to say hello after the performance.


Alex and I went out after work so I could buy a firewire cable for my Macs; next we went to Wal Mart so we could get some accesories for Alex's new costume.

We finished up by going to a delicious Mexican restaurant that served tortas. Score!


Back at the lot all three of us worked to get Alex's costume done, but the hour grew late and there was still plenty to do.

It will be no problem to ship the completed costume to Alex, but Ryan was hoping he could bang it out before Alex left.



1 comment:

Alex Zaprudsky said...

...He's single, too, ladies.